Sunday, November 2, 2008

Joaquin Away From Acting

Joaquin Phoenix made the shocking announcement at a benefit for a Paul Newman charity that he is retiring from acting to focus on his music. Check out this totally random and awkward interview with Joaquin and E! Apparently Joaquin is passing the torch to Casey Affleck? Huh!? I don't get it. See for yourselves.





I know Joaquin was excellent in the role of Johnny Cash in Walk the Line and I really feel he was robbed of the Oscar. Until that movie, I didn't know he could sing but apparently, the movie was his source of inspiration. It seems totally weird the way he's making this statement to quit acting. He seems totally out of it and why is he mumbling so? I really like Joaquin as an actor. I don't know how this music career will pan out for him but I wish him the best and hope he reconsiders banishing the silver screen.

No comments: