Sunday, June 1, 2008

Carried Away by Sex and the City

I loved, loved, loved this movie! I've been a fan of Sex and the City for years and it was even the topic of a college paper (I got an A btw). Everything that made the show fabulous was in the movie. Lots of fashion, drama, tears, laughs and sex (of course).

A friend and I saw the movie at an afternoon matinee and the theater was packed. We had to sit in the front row and I'm quite sure both of us will need to visit a chiropractor this week from the strain on our necks. The movie was totally worth it though; really perfect!

Sex and the City is one of my all time favorite shows; I think I've see every episode no less than 100 times. I could always find something in Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda that I could relate to. This movie really did justice to the series and I was actually sorry when the it was over. I'll go so far as to say this is the best movie I've seen all year. Well worth all the hype.

I thought I knew how I wanted Carrie and Big's relationship to end up before I saw the movie but during I changed my mind and I'm glad for the way the writer's wrapped it all up. The soundtrack was fantastic too. Definitely my next iTunes purchase. If you're a fan of the series, I think you'll fall in love with this movie. A must see!

No comments: