Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Britney's Circus Comes to Town

Britney's new album Circus drops today. I've listened to all the tracks on her website and I'll be adding them to my iPod soon. My personal favs are the title track Circus, Womanizer, Out from Under, Kill the Lights, Shattered Glass and Unusual You.

I'm super excited for Britney's comeback even though I learned in Britney: For the Record that she does not like for it to be referred to as a comeback. Speaking of which, I watched the documentary last night and I'm pleased to say that Britney came off very well. The documentary gave her a chance to reflect on her life during the past year and give fans an inside look at her life.

The interviewer asked if she knows her life is weird and she says it's all she's ever known. I believe her but her life is weird. For all her fame I think she's a lonely person that has been constricted and manipulated by the media as well as ill intending "friends." She seems much healthier now but she did say at one point that she was sad. I really felt for her in that moment.

Britney said that she wants to do normal things like go to the grocery store with her kids but she can't because of the numerous paparazzi that surround her every move. She mentioned that the only time she can truly be herself is when she's enclosed in 4 walls. That's weird, peeps. I know other celebrities are hounded by the media too but it seems they take it to the extreme in Britney's case. She was even the number one AOL search for 2008. It has to be surreal to know that so many people are looking to see what you're next move is going to be.

But Britney says that she chooses to be a happy person, she loves what she does, she loves her babies and works really hard. I really heart Britney for doing the documentary. She's human and she makes mistakes and has to pay the consequences. She knows it and she wants to get better. I think things can only improve from here. She's got a lot of fans behind her and with the right people on her team and I think she'll be healthy and happy.

I put a teaser of her Circus video below. I can't wait to rock out to her new album. Happy Birthday, Brit!!


No comments: