Friday, January 15, 2010

When Simon Leaves American Idol Does That Mean He's No Longer "Heaven's Chosen?"

Renaldo ("We're Brothers Forever") said it best in Season 7, "Simon, you are heaven's chosen to give chance to any talent for free of charge." I can't speak for heaven but I would think that the successful contestants on American Idol must consider Simon Cowell and the show a God-send for providing a venue for their voices to be heard and and career jump start that many never experience.

Simon has now stated that Season 9 will be his last on American Idol. Which means I'll have to soak up every precious, disdainful, and hilarious comment from Simon this season because I just don't think I can watch AI without him next year. It's bad enough that Paula is gone but this is just too much for me.

I personally don't think American Idol will continue without Simon at the reigns and in the judge's seat. I'm sure Fox will give it a try but I think it will only squeak through with one season before it's yanked.  People will most likely tune into Simon's other show The X Factor. Is he gonna get Paula to be a judge with him on that show? And if so, can they just pretend all this never happened and call The X Factor American Idol? I'm just sayin'.

Here's Renaldo with a memorable audition and high praise for Simon.



Source

1 comment:

VDR said...

simon leaving and going to what is really the exact same show, at a different time, is like leno leaving the tonight show...and then going back to the tonight show. don't you worry. if paula and simon are on the x factor, randy and ryan won't be far behind :)