Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Hobbit Split In Two



It's official, The Hobbit will be split into two films. In the interview clip above, director Guillermo del Toro discusses the split with MTV. He doesn't say exactly where the divide will come but I have to believe it will be just after Bilbo gets the ring from Gollum. (Sorry if that's a spoiler alert)

I'm super excited about this film(s)! My mom read The Hobbit to me when I was in 5th grade and I've been a fan ever since. The book definitely deserves the expansion of two movies and I think del Toro will do a fantastic job directing. He's responsible for Pan's Labyrinth (another film I adore) and the Hellboy movies. If you've seen either of these movies, you know that they were visually stunning with an other-worldly quality. I expect no less for The Hobbit as it is what I consider Tolkien's masterpiece and one of my first literary loves.

Source

No comments: