Friday, July 2, 2010

Vampires Are Not As Scary As Twihards

I'm going to see Eclipse with my husband this weekend and I'm kinda nervous.  No, Taylor's abs and Rob's sexy stare do not make my heart pound and go all mushy. What scares me are the crazed fans. I think they're called Twihards. I saw some of these crazies on Oprah yesterday and, um, it's quite freaky. And I don't even think Oprah showed the really sketchy ones.

The wackiest bunch were the TwiMoms who had life-sized cutouts of Edward so they could take pictures with him and were having a Twilight party in the basement. Yoohoo! Ladies! Your kids think you like fictitious characters more than them. Hmmm, they won't need therapy when they grow up or anything.

Back to me and my Twihard fears. Like, are we gonna have to show up to the theater 3 hours early just to get good seats? Will we be beaten to death for not declaring Team Jacob or Team Edward on our clothing? Will I be able to enjoy my popcorn without shrieks and giggles from teenage girls and menopausal ladies? These are valid fears, peeps! There's no turning back now as tickets have already been purchased. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Did you live?