Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TV Wasteland to Wonderland

June has been kind of a bummer as far as TV shows are concerned. I've been keeping up with Hell's Kitchen, which is always entertaining but everything else is just reruns. Fortunately, VH1 will resolve that problem in July. All sorts of reality goodies will be coming out soon! First up, New York Goes to Hollywood, then I Love Money and on to Brooke Knows Best. No link for Brooke Knows Best yet but trust me, it's real. You can watch Brooke's Video Diaries if you like.

I'm most excited about New York Goes to Hollywood. Tiffany Pollard, aka New York stars in another VH1 reality installment. Apparently New York wants to become a legitimate actress and the cameras are following along in pursuit of her dream. My true feelings about New York really can't be written. She's simultaneously horrible and delightful to watch. Her behavior would not be acceptable under normal circumstances and I'm sure she plays to the camera but she really does know how to make a show entertaining. I completely tuned out of Flavor of Love 3, simply because she wasn't on the show. If Shakespeare and Jerry Springer got together, I'm not sure they could write/script/produce/televise drama that good or trashy! I just loved her freakout moments where she would totally cuss someone out and then it would cut to her puffing on a cigarette and pretending to act dainty.

I Love Money will feature contestants from past seasons of Flavor of Love, I Love New York and Rock of Love, in which the common goal will be winning $250,000. It looks hilarious, sort of like a Beverly Hills version of Survivor but with less class and zero intelligence!

I don't have much to say about Brooke Knows Best 'cause I'm not really sure what Brooke knows. I think this is just a sick way for VH1 and all of America to eavesdrop on her family's dysfunction junction. I'll still tune in for at least an episode or two. We'll see what happens.

That's the July preview, peeps! I hope these new shows don't disappoint. Stay tuned!

No comments: