Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm a PC Too!


I haven't mentioned just how much I love those new Windows/PC commercials. I'm a sucker for marketing but I finally feel justified in loving my PC.

Let me share an Apple story with you peeps. One time in college (I know this is starting off like one time at band camp...) I had to go to the computer lab to write a paper and all the PC's were occupied. I figured I'd get on a Mac and do my work. How hard could it be? But I quickly discovered I might as well have been trying to read Hindi. The icons made no sense; I couldn't locate how to create the Apple equivalent of a Word document. I was too embarrassed at the time to ask one of the stationed computer helpers for assistance. Macs were cool and I didn't want to not know how to use one. I looked around and pretended that I'd forgotten some research materials and snuck back to the library. I had to stalk the computer lab door to wait for a PC user to leave their post. If I had been raised on an Apple I think I would love it but I'm a PC girl through and through.


Then I had to start suffering through those Apple commercials with the nerdy looking PC representative and the fresh young Apple dude. It was like Bill Gates and the people at Microsoft had been inadvertently sucked into their own Windows program and error messages wouldn't let them retaliate. Where was the comeback?


But then, as if by a stroke of software genius, these PC commercials began appearing more frequently than pop up advertisements on the Internet. PC is not a stereotype peeps! I love it. Long live the PC!

No comments: