Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ringo Tells Fans to Let it Be

Former Beatle Ringo Starr announced this week that he will no longer accept fan mail. He warned fans "with peace and love" that he had too much to do and that mail sent to him after October 20th will be considered rubbish.

I've been a Beatles fan for a while and although I haven't paid much attention to Ringo's solo career I'm sad that he's refusing to answer fan mail. It almost makes me want to write a letter and mail it today just to see if I'd get something back. But I'm too lazy to fiddle with international stamps.

In any case, I guess Ringo will be getting by without a little help from his friends, er fans that it is. I know he's been a Starr (pun intended) for the majority of his life and I'm sure it's exhausting to sign your name 100 bizillion times but I think celebs should remember who put them into celebrity status. People love them and just want to connect.

You can check out Ringo's video message below. I think he kind of comes off as a crotchety old man who's tired of playing with the grand kids instead of the easygoing hippie persona we usually see. So peeps, if you don't want your letter to Ringo end up in the circular file better get it done today. I'm warning you with peace and love!


No comments: