Saturday, April 18, 2009

Britney's Circus in DC



Last month I went on a musical adventure to Britney's Circus Tour. I was at the concert in DC on March 24th with my Britney Buddy and long time b-fri. What better symbol of freedom and capitalism than Britney performing in our Nation's Capital? She's the American Dream (since she was 17) and I support that!

The crowd was huge and filled with screaming teenagers, peeps of my generation and confused parental chaperons. Awesome! It was super loud too. My friend wisely chose to wear ear plugs but I decided to ruin my hearing. If Britney isn't worth hearing impairment, I don't know what is.

So, the stage was literally set up like a 3 ring circus with the largest ring in the center. Our tickets were in section 111 row L, basically about 12 rows from the center stage! We had a fantastic view of Britney and it was wonderful!

This concert was truly a show. After the Pussycat Dolls performed, there were clowns, a hula hoop girl and a contortionist to entertain until Britney arrived. Britney appeared dressed as a ringleader to start off the show, complete with whip. Acrobats circled in the air around her and there were flames popping up all over the stage. Then she performed a couple of magic tricks set to the songs Ooh, Ooh Baby and Hot as Ice. There was a Bollywood version of Me Against the Music that was rockin and a performance of Toxic with the stage bathed in a "toxic green" light. I also loved her rendition of Boys with the "boys" dressed in hip hop style fatigues and riding around the stage on bicycles. At the end of the song, she made the boys do 10 pushups and then led them in a military cadence.

I think my favorite part of the show was Britney's performance of Baby One More Time. The stage was totally empty except for Britney and her dancers and it was just her doing what she does best to her fans' most beloved tune. The energy in the crowd was phenomenal during the song; everyone was singing!




So here's a couple of things about Britney that I think peeps should know. First of all, she's tiny! I mean, we were close enough to the stage to be able to judge her size and let me just say that I'm envious of her figure. Secondly, she danced in either heels or laced up heeled boots the entire time. That's like a talent in itself!

Britney looked like she really was enjoying herself during the concert. She even wished peeps a Merry Christmas during Do Something. Why? I don't know but it was Britney speaking directly to us and it was great! She knows how to put on a show and it was amazing to be at a live performance. It was also awesome to share the experience with my childhood friend! Fantastic memories for the years to come! Thank you Britney!!

No comments: