Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Farewell to Michael Crichton

I'm paying my last respects to author Michael Crichton. I'm really sad about his passing away. He died on November 4, after a long and private battle with cancer. He was and will continue to be one of my favorite authors.

I remember seeing Jurassic Park when I was 16 during summer vacation. After seeing the movie, I had to read the book. The book was exceedingly better than the movie; no offense to Stephen Spielberg. In recent years, I've read State of Fear, Prey, Next and The Terminal Man. The Andromeda Strain is currently in my reading queue.

For me, Crichton's books are thoroughly addictive. I love his writing style and the blending of science, medicine and technology into the thriller genre. He was brilliant and I'm missing new novels from him already.

I would like to say thank you to Michael Crichton for making reading so enthralling for me and inspiring me as a writer. His novels made me think critically about science, politics, ethics and philosophy and piqued my curiosity about the fascinating world in which we live.

A fond farewell goes out to this exceptional author and my deepest sympathies to his family.


Michael Crichton Official Site

Source Source Source

No comments: