Tuesday, November 18, 2008

If I Were A Boy or Maybe a Songwriter

A couple of weeks ago I tweeted that Beyonce's single, If I Were a Boy reminded me of another song. I went on a Google search to see if she sampled the melody from an old song and found out more interesting information. Apparently, Beyonce did not write this song and there is some controversy about how she obtained it. Meaning, did she violate the copyright? The song was actually written by BC Jean You can listen to her version here.



I've listened to both versions and Beyonce sings it way better. I seriously doubt that she stole a song from a writer. Too much drama!! I can't pin down a reliable source on this so I give Miss B the benefit of the doubt and think that BC Jean was or will be handsomely paid for her song writing skills.

No comments: